Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Beauty is in the . . . Nose of the Beholder

Jessica Brown, who writes for Fitness, American Baby, and happenmag.com, reports that new research has revealed women can become more alluring or even “smell skinny” just by changing their perfume. It seems women can wear either cinnamon or lavender and be perceived by men as “more attractive, intelligent, successful, and trustworthy.” Both scents rather remind me of Laura Ingalls Wilder.

More interestingly, overweight women were perceived by men to be up to 12 pounds lighter when they wore spicy-floral fragrances. I’m not sure how quantity figures in the equation, but I have to tell you I don’t think I could fool anyone even if I doused myself in the stuff. Anyway, I’m allergic to all forms of perfume and cologne. Maybe that’s why I’ve never been able to lose weight, ya think?

Nothing fooled the women in the study, though. Guys with guts still looked like guys with guts, regardless of what they smelled like. I wonder if one of the scents used to test the attractiveness of men in the study was money.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Junosmom said...

I wonder what it does to my physical appearance to smell like a horse? Or at that point, does it matter?